The AIRR-C Meetings Sub-committee is responsible for the initiation and planning of AIRR-C related meetings.
Plans for 2022/23 include:
Planning AIRR-C Meeting VII, to be held in Europe in Spring 2023.
The Meeting Theme and Challenge Themes for AIRR Community Meeting VII are to be determined.
The meeting will include:
- Industrial/sponsor networking events
- Software and Tool Demonstrations
- Poster presentations
- Innovative talks
- Special events for students and postdocs e.g., mentoring match ups, jobs boards
Possible locations: Norway, Genoa, Spain. We will survey the Community for feedback on location and themes. The final decision will be made in Fall 2022 after the survey results have been reviewed and in collaboration with the Exec SC.
Other activities include:
- Working with the AIRR Community members to host ad hoc meeting and event opportunities as they arise
- Hosting an AIRR-C satellite symposium at the annual FOCIS meeting in June 2023
- In collaboration with the Executive Sub-committee, hosting an AIRR-C forum on values regarding conflict of interest, open science, FAIR data principles, diversity, equity and inclusivity. Values statements on these topics would be developed along with their implementation within the AIRR-C.
Co-leaders: Pam Borghardt and Encarnita Mariotti-Ferrandiz
Members: Justin Barton, Pam Borghardt (Co-lead), Encarnita Mariotti-Ferrandiz (Co-lead) and Corey Watson.