This working group will be responsible for developing appropriate metadata fields for the documenting of novel germline alleles and for establishing standards for versioned, inclusive databases. This will involve interfacing with established germline repositories, such as IMGT, IgPdb, and VBase to get the widest possible buy-in.
Current Plans (GLDB):
- Finalize a formal process for depositing data associated with inferred novel alleles.
- Work with NCBI and IMGT to establish an efficient process for the submission of inferred allele data.
- Write up a “how-to” manual for the AIRR Community.
- Initiate consideration of issues relating to GLDBs of mouse and macaque sequences. In collaboration with IMGT, finalize the structure of a secondary “tiered” database of inferred alleles. (e.g., further define processes for the inner workings of the “stoplight” system and how exactly these will be represented and made available by IMGT for broader use by the AIRR Community).
Current Plans (Inferred Allele Review Committee (IARC)):
- Develop a system for how this group will function in the short-/long-term. (e.g., will they operate formally as part of the IUIS/IMGT nomenclature committee?).
- Decide who will serve on the committee and on what terms.
- Begin collating data for inferred human IGHV alleles from interested researchers, which will ultimately go through the formal submission process, once established.
- Begin to develop criteria for the review and acceptance of inferred alleles for AIRR-relevant loci other than human IGHV.
Co-leaders: Andrew Collins and Corey Watson
Members: Davide Bagnara, Felix Breden, Jean-Philippe “JP” Bürckert, Christian Busse, Scott Christley, Deanna Church, Andrew Collins (Co-lead), Martin Corcoran, Jamie Faison, Brian Fritz, Daniel Gadala-Maria, Bruno Gaeta, William Gibson, Victor Greiff, Katherine Jackson, Steven Kleinstein, Justin Kos, Nishanth Marthandan, Erick Matsen, Werner Müller, Mats Ohlin, Duncan Ralph, Paul Rivkin, William Rounds, Florian Rubelt, Chaim Schramm, Jamie Scott, Melissa Smith, Corey Watson (Co-lead), Kevin Wu, Gur Yaari, and Jian Ye.
Visit the Germline Database Working Group Project on the B-T.CR Wiki.
Visit the The IgPdb Database, a curated repository of suspected allelic variants of human immunoglobulin germline genes.