This Working Group (WG) was formed to promote the development of complete and accurate sets of reference germline IG and TCR genes, and to promote the accurate analysis and reporting of the germline genes that can be identified in repertoire studies. The WG works to establish processes for documenting novel germline genes and alleles and standards for versioned, inclusive databases. The WG also provides guidance on specific topics relating to data assessment that may be referred to it by the Inferred Allele Review Sub-committee (IARC).
Goals for 2022-2024
- Continuing to develop appropriate IG Reference Sets for human, various mouse strains, and for rhesus macaque, building upon recent efforts by integrating genomic data currently being generated by multiple groups. This integrated effort should result in robust germline sets for these species that could serve as useful models for other non-human organisms.
- Continuing the development and implementation of the germline database schema.
- Collaborating with VDJbase to further develop features for cataloguing and sharing non-coding variation.
- Creating an outreach subgroup to identify academic and commercial partners involved in the generation and use of germline data, as a means to encourage broader inclusion of key stakeholders. Specifically, we want to:
- Improve the provision of datasets from additional species
- Identify stakeholders and integrate them into community efforts
- Promote the uptake of germline sets and schema in tools
- Develop a plan for sustainability through ongoing funding
- OGRBD: the curated Open Germline Receptor Database
- VDJbase: a database of adaptive immune receptor germline genotypes and haplotypes
- Germline Database Working Group Project on the B-T.CR Wiki
Co-leaders: Jamie Heather and William Lees
Members: Pierre Boudinot, Steven Bosinger, Felix Breden, Christian Busse, Scott Christley, Andrew Collins, Martin Corcoran, Chris Cottrell, Jamie Heather (Co-lead), Gunilla Hedestam, Katherine Jackson, Justin Kos, William Lees (Co-lead), Susana Magadan, Mats Ohlin, Ayelet Peres, Oscar Rodriguez, Cathrine Scheepers, Chaim Schramm, Jamie Scott, Amit Upadhyay, Henk-Jan van den Ham, Corey Watson, Gur Yaari, Jian Ye