Thermo Fisher Scientific
Project Manager, Custom Antibodies
Job ID : 82411BR
Location : US – Illinois – Rockford
The Project Manager Specialist is responsible for orchestrating the development of custom antibodies from peptide design to antibody purification. The purpose of this position is to efficiently and effectively communicate with customers, initiate the custom antibody process and work with internal associates to complete projects. In this role, the Project Specialist must foster integration and ownership of project activities and systems within the appropriate functional areas. Post-production may involve working with the customer to provide technical support.
What will you do?
- High level involvement in sales process
- Provide expertise for antibody development, protein expression, and antibody validation
- Effective management of antibody projects
- Daily communication with customers
- Develop antigenic peptide sequences using internal applications and a personal understanding of protein chemistry
- Quote development and delivery to customer
- Advanced understanding and use of business management applications
- Frequent communication and coordination with all antibody team members and sales representatives.
- Evaluate data and generate customer reports.
- Interact effectively with receiving and shipping functions of the business
- Provide technical support to customers
How will you get here?
Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in chemistry, life science (Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, etc.) with 5 or more years’ experience in the application of Immunology/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology laboratory techniques; or
M.S. in chemistry/biology (Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, etc.), preferred, with 3+ years’ experience in the application of Immunology/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology laboratory techniques; or
PhD. in chemistry/biology (Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, etc.), preferred, with 1+ years’ experience in the application of Immunology/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology laboratory techniques
- A Certificate in Project Management (CPM), Masters in Project Management (MPM) and/or Project Management Professional certification (PMP), preferred but not required
- Knowledge of standard project management techniques
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with speed and accuracy
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and make sound decisions
- Establish and maintain accurate records
- Communicate effectively
- Broad experience and knowledge of antigen design theory, strategy and tools to effectively stimulate high-level immune responses for both Monoclonal and Polyclonal antibody production
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and associates
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of and ability to perform standard laboratory production procedures, e.g., ELISA, Western Blotting, ChIP and IP, IHC, IF, ICC, FACS
- Ability to trouble shoot scientific data and assist customers with designed experiments
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Excellent time management
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills-Microsoft Office
- Well organized and pays attention to detail
For more information and to apply, click here!
Job posted: February 05, 2019
Texas A&M University Health Science Center
Department: Ibt – Cedp – Dashwood
Proposed Minimum Salary: Commensurate
Job Location: Houston, Texas
Job Type: Staff
The Research Associate will work in the Antibody and Biopharmaceutics Core (ABC) to develop new antibodies tailored to meet specific needs in disease prevention, treatment, and research applications. This individual will be responsible for screening and characterizing therapeutic antibodies and proteins using biochemistry, cell biology, and molecular biology techniques. The position has a strong emphasis on antibody engineering using in-silico modeling and phage display enabling the discovery of monoclonal antibodies, antibody libraries and fragments. The individual is expected to work in a highly collaborative environment within the Texas Medical Center, and demonstrate initiative and passion for solving difficult technical challenges.
Required Education and Experience: Appropriate bachelor’s degree. Two years of relevant experience. (Master’s degree is equivalent to two years of experience)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Ability to perform all tasks and job responsibilities safely without injury to self and others in compliance with A&M System and HSC guidelines.
Must be literate in the English language and able to comprehend and follow both written and verbal instructions.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in English.
Other Requirements or Other Factors: Occasional weekend and after hours work may be necessary.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Master’s degree or equivalent in biochemistry, biology or relevant field.
More than two (2) years of relevant clinical and/or laboratory experience.
Experience in molecular biology, including cloning and mutagenesis.
Familiarity with concepts of protein biochemistry and structural biology and computational skills for analysis of large datasets.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Proficient in antibody development techniques, such as hybridoma and phage display.
Select, design and perform protein biochemistry and structural biology techniques including: cloning and expression analysis, mutagenesis, and Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
Perform antibody engineering using methods such as phage display, surface plasmon resonance, ELISA and related methods.
Collects, compiles, and records detailed data and reports them to the Principle Investigator.
Participate in weekly lab meetings within the center and participating program projects. Assist with the preparation of proposals for funding agencies, operation of research equipment, assist graduate students and other lab personnel. Performs other duties as assigned.
Special Note: A cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references are strongly recommended. You may upload all three on the application under CV/Resume.
Job posted: December 06, 2018