Antibody Phage Display Technology Senior/Principal Scientist
Pandion Therapeutics Inc is an exciting startup based in the heart of Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA developing next generation multi-specific therapeutic molecules to revolutionize the treatment options for patients with autoimmune and inflammatory disorders, as well as in transplant rejection. Within Pandion’s Therapeutic Protein Technologies team, there is an exciting opportunity for a talented, dynamic individual, who can bring energy and enthusiasm to the table in driving phage based antibody discovery, contributing to bispecific antibody engineering, and in leading research projects.
· Utilize phage selection platforms for antibody discovery and optimization.
· Perform solid/solution based selections against recombinant proteins, cells, and other target formats.
· Develop binding and neutralization assays using platforms such as ELISA or HTRF.
· Convert antibodies from fragments into IgG and multi-specific antibody formats.
· Prepare samples for Sanger and next generation DNA sequencing and perform analysis of sequencing data to understand antibody diversity in selection outputs.
· Design, build, QC and select from display based libraries for use in affinity optimization of antibodies.
· Perform homology modelling analyses to understand antibody sequence/structure relationship with affinity/potency.
· Lead research projects from initiation to drug candidate nomination driving projects to the clinic.
· Manage relationships with key CROs to help facilitate externalized aspects of work within the Therapeutic Protein Technologies team.
· Document experimental data in electronic laboratory notebooks in a thorough and timely manner.
· Communicate scientific data in presentations within the company and outside of company at conferences.
· Contribute to writing scientific articles, examples in patent applications, and study reports for IND submissions.
Experience and Education
· 5+ year’s recent hands-on experience of using antibody phage display technology in an industry setting is essential.
· 5+ Experience with monoclonal or bispecific antibody engineering, expression, purification, and analysis using biosensors is highly desirable.
· Experience managing CROs is desirable.
· Experience leading projects as a technology lead and/or research project lead/co-lead is highly desirable.
· Exact title will be commensurate with years of relevant experience.
· Candidates with bachelors, masters, and/or PhD level education with the appropriate industrial experience will be considered.
Interested? Please reach out to Nathan Higginson-Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pandion Therapeutics is committed to diversity, and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will be considered for employment, regardless of race, color, age, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pandion Therapeutics also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Any offer of employment with Pandion Therapeutics is contingent on the individual completing an I-9 Employment Verification Form no later than the first day of work, and being legally authorized to work in the United States.
Job posted: January 4, 2018