Antibody Engineering & Therapeutics Europe
June 11-13, 2019
Postillion Hotel Amsterdam, the Netherlands
The Antibody Society’s 2nd annual Antibody Engineering & Therapeutics Europe meeting was a great opportunity for Society members to connect with industry and academic scientists and executives from Europe and around the world focused on antibody and protein therapeutic discovery and development.
Keynote speakers Jane Osbourn, Ph.D., (Vice President R&D and Site Leader of Medimmune) discussed antibody therapeutic developments, pipeline and progress at Medimmune and Hans Clevers, M.D., Ph.D., (Group Leader, Hubrecht Institute for Developmental Biology and Stem Cell Research and Professor of Molecular Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht and Utrecht University) discussed Lgr5 stem cell-based organoids and their applications in cancer research. In addition, the meeting featured sessions on Turning Antibody Leads into Drugs, Recent Advances in Immuno-Oncology Approaches, Bioinformatics and Repertoires in Antibody Discovery and Development, Antibody Therapeutics for Autoimmune and Neurodegenerative Diseases, Clinical Developments in Antibody Therapeutics, and New Antibody Formats and Effector Functions.
As always, Society members were offered a 15% discount on the registration fee. Members were also invited to an informal networking session.
The agenda is available here.
We look forward to seeing you at Antibody Engineering & Therapeutics Europe in 2020!
Photos from AE&TE 2019
The Society’s inaugural Antibody Engineering & Therapeutics Europe meeting was held June 5-7, 2018, in Amsterdam. Members of the Society served as the Scientific Advisors and session Chairs. The meeting featured:
2 Half-Day Workshops
- The Nuts and Bolts of Antibodies, moderated by Mahendra Deonarain, Ph.D., Chief Executive and Science Officer, Antikor Biopharma Ltd., United Kingdom
- CAR-T & anti-CD3-based Bispecifics, moderated by Kerry A. Chester, Ph.D., Professor of Molecular Medicine, UCL Cancer Institute, University College London and President of The Antibody Society, United Kingdom and David Gilham, Ph.D., Vice President of Research and Development, Celyad S.A., Belgium.
4 Keynote Presentations
- Frontiers of Immunotherapy, Clive R. Wood, Ph.D., Corporate Senior Vice President, Global Head of Discovery Research, Boehringer Ingelheim, Germany
- T cell Recognition in Human Cancer, Ton N. Schumacher, Ph.D., Professor of Immunotechnology, Leiden University and Principal Investigator, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, The Netherlands
- How Antibodies Trigger Cytotoxicity, Paul W.H.I. Parren, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, Sparring Biologics B.V., The Netherlands, and The Antibody Society Board of Directors member
- Microbiome and Checkpoint Inhibitors in Immuno-Oncology, Laurence Zitvogel, M.D., Ph.D., Scientific Director, Gustave Roussy Cancer Centre, France
6 Concurrent Tracks
- Intractable Targets/ Antibody Discovery Technologies
- Bioinformatics / Repertoire
- Antibody Effector Functions and Novel Formats
- Novel Antibody-based Therapeutics for Cancer & Immuno-oncology
- Antibodies Alternative Delivery/Vaccines
- New Antibody Therapeutics in Inflammatory & Infectious Diseases