Antibody Phage Display Technology Senior/Principal Scientist
Pandion Therapeutics Inc is an exciting startup based in the heart of Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA developing next generation multi-specific therapeutic molecules to revolutionize the treatment options for patients with autoimmune and inflammatory disorders, as well as in transplant rejection. Within Pandion’s Therapeutic Protein Technologies team, there is an exciting opportunity for a talented, dynamic individual, who can bring energy and enthusiasm to the table in driving phage based antibody discovery, contributing to bispecific antibody engineering, and in leading research projects.
· Utilize phage selection platforms for antibody discovery and optimization.
· Perform solid/solution based selections against recombinant proteins, cells, and other target formats.
· Develop binding and neutralization assays using platforms such as ELISA or HTRF.
· Convert antibodies from fragments into IgG and multi-specific antibody formats.
· Prepare samples for Sanger and next generation DNA sequencing and perform analysis of sequencing data to understand antibody diversity in selection outputs.
· Design, build, QC and select from display based libraries for use in affinity optimization of antibodies.
· Perform homology modelling analyses to understand antibody sequence/structure relationship with affinity/potency.
· Lead research projects from initiation to drug candidate nomination driving projects to the clinic.
· Manage relationships with key CROs to help facilitate externalized aspects of work within the Therapeutic Protein Technologies team.
· Document experimental data in electronic laboratory notebooks in a thorough and timely manner.
· Communicate scientific data in presentations within the company and outside of company at conferences.
· Contribute to writing scientific articles, examples in patent applications, and study reports for IND submissions.
Experience and Education
· 5+ year’s recent hands-on experience of using antibody phage display technology in an industry setting is essential.
· 5+ Experience with monoclonal or bispecific antibody engineering, expression, purification, and analysis using biosensors is highly desirable.
· Experience managing CROs is desirable.
· Experience leading projects as a technology lead and/or research project lead/co-lead is highly desirable.
· Exact title will be commensurate with years of relevant experience.
· Candidates with bachelors, masters, and/or PhD level education with the appropriate industrial experience will be considered.
Interested? Please reach out to Nathan Higginson-Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pandion Therapeutics is committed to diversity, and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will be considered for employment, regardless of race, color, age, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pandion Therapeutics also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Any offer of employment with Pandion Therapeutics is contingent on the individual completing an I-9 Employment Verification Form no later than the first day of work, and being legally authorized to work in the United States.
Job posted: January 4, 2018
Boston-area CRO seeks a Director of Antibody Discovery
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing, privately held, profitable company and build/manage a team of project managers and scientists who provide unique antibody discovery services to the biopharma industry. This person will take the lead on optimizing hybridoma based antibody discovery, bringing in technology to standardize methods, creating a high quality process. The job involves interacting with clients to partner on defining projects and ensuring milestones and deliverables are met.
For more information, please contact Mark Schmeizl, Global Recruiters of Windsor, at email@example.com
Job posted: November 24, 2017
Manager, Monash Antibody Technologies Facility
Job No.: 564276
Faculty / Portfolio: Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Medicine Nursing and Health Sciences Research Platforms, Monash Antibody Research Facilities
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Fixed-term appointment until 31/12/2019
Remuneration: $112,265 – $119,163 pa HEW Level 09
(plus 17% employer superannuation)
• Be inspired, every day
• Enjoy the freedom to discover something new
• Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. So if you’re looking for the next chapter in your career, it’s here. You’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, build on your skills, and make a significant contribution to a workplace that’s filled with energetic and inspiring people. Talent thrives here – and so do truly satisfying careers.
Monash Antibody Technologies Facility (MATF) was established to provide high throughput custom antibody production to support the research and development needs of customers from all sectors of the life sciences: academia, government research institutes, small to medium sized biotechnology companies, and large pharmaceutical companies (both nationally and internationally).
In this role as Manager MATF you will be responsible for the operation of the Monash Antibodies Technologies Facility (MATF) and of the robotics facility (RoboCore) under the supervision of the MATF Director. In addition to monoclonal antibody development and isolation, the position has a very strong client focus with the generation and promotion of research partnerships and substantial relationships with internal Monash University researchers and international collaborators. This includes direct communication with health professionals, medical research institutes, industry and government bodies and officials to promote the research capabilities and objectives of both facilities. Accordingly, you will have extensive experience in the technologies related to the monoclonal antibody production and automation of screening protocols to deliver innovative outcomes for the platform.
As the successful applicant you will possess substantial general management experience, particularly in dealing with a range of specific customer requirements and staff providing high quality antibody research.
Specific responsibilities will include operations and team management, process and policy review and development and high level stakeholder management.
We welcome applications from candidates who have:
- postgraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and extensive relevant experience
- expert knowledge and a record of hands-on experience in monoclonal antibody development and characterisation
- extensive knowledge of laboratory procedures, including a wide range of laboratory techniques.
If you believe you can fulfil these requirements, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Professor Mark Sleeman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description and Selection Criteria
To view a copy of the position description and apply for this role, please follow this link. Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to “How to apply for Monash Jobs”, found with the description of the opportunity.
Closing Date: Thursday 26 October 2017, 11.55pm AEDT
Supporting a diverse workforce
Job posted: October 6, 2017
Business Development Manager
Business Development – Job Ref 092
F-star develops novel bispecific antibodies using its Modular Antibody Technology, directed at improving the treatment of serious diseases, with a focus on immuno-oncology.
We are entering an exciting period of the Company’s development and have an opportunity within our successful Business Development Team to play a key role in our future deal making.
> Support the CBO in the development and execution of F-star’s business development strategy, taking responsibility for specific areas as agreed
> Identify and evaluate opportunities which are aligned with the agreed strategy
> Lead or support a range of different types and sizes of transaction, for example strategic collaborations, in- and out-licensing, academic collaborations and service agreements
> Working closely with relevant internal functions and our external advisers manage all, or individual stages of, the deal process as directed, including identifying the opportunity, defining the scope and structure, due diligence, term sheet and contract negotiation and implementation.
> Research and monitor competitors, potential partners and any other external developments which potentially impact on our business.
> Undertake analysis of deal structures and financial terms, including benchmarking and rNPV
> Participate in internal scientific meetings as appropriate
> Represent F-star externally at conferences, meetings and other events
> Build and maintain relationships with relevant individuals within the biotech and pharma community
Skills and knowledge:
> Relevant science degree
> Experience in biologics
> Minimum 5 years in business development
> Solid network in the biopharmaceutical industry
> Excellent communication skills
> A team player, but able to work independently
> A problem-solver with a “can-do” attitude
> The determination and tenacity to deliver results
> Experience in immuno-oncology
Deadline: October 31, 2017
To apply, please follow this link: http://www.f-star.com/careers/
Job posted: October 2, 2017
Associate Director/Director, Antibody Engineering
Mersana Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: MRSN) is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on developing novel Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) leveraging our highly-differentiated best-in-class drug conjugation platform. Our lead program XMT-1522, an investigational antibody drug conjugate against HER2 expressing tumors, demonstrated superior efficacy in a broad range of pre-clinical models not responsive to available HER2 therapies. Phase 1 clinical studies are underway for XMT-1522 and is being co-developed by Mersana and Takeda. Mersana will be responsible for commercialization in the United States and Canada; Takeda will be responsible throughout the rest of world. A second program, XMT-1536, an investigational antibody drug conjugate against Napi2B expressing tumors, demonstrated in pre-clinical models superior efficacy not achievable with traditional ADC platforms and an IND is expected in late 2017. Mersana is well positioned to continue to grow and advance its pipeline based upon our proprietary ADC platform. Mersana has granted access to its ADC platform for use in a small number of programs to Merck Serono and Takeda. These strategic partners are progressing multiple preclinical programs in close collaboration with Mersana.
Mersana seeks individuals who share our excitement about the possibilities our proprietary drug conjugation platform offers and our commitment to making a difference in patients. At Mersana we have a highly collaborative culture and believe that our collective ability to make a difference exceeds the sum of our individual efforts.
The Associate Director/Director of Antibody Engineering will be the leader of antibody design and optimization for use in antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) based on Mersana’s proprietary linker-payload technology. S/he will be work closely with the project teams to define screening cascades, identify lead mAbs, evaluate clinical developability, and optimize sequences; s/he will interface with CROs when needed. S/he will be the key strategist and thought leader on new antibody formats to complement new linker-payload platforms at Mersana. S/he will foster a culture of inclusion, engagement and collaboration in the project teams, the Biology group, and the entire organization.
- Identify the optimal mAb technology(ies) and design the screening cascade, based on the particular aspects of each target.
- Coordinate internal and/or contracted efforts to generate, screen and identify lead mAbs.
- Lead efforts on mAb humanization and/or optimization.
- Proactively anticipate and mitigate key clinical developability risks. Coordinate efforts to assess mAb and ADC developability in a strategic stage-appropriate manner.
- Conceive, engineer and evaluate new antibody formats in conjunction with technology development teams to generate next-generation ADC platforms. Leverage broad experience with various antibody formats and modalities, including bispecifics/biparatopics, to define both strategy and process for these efforts.
- Clearly communicate strategy, progress and challenges to project teams, management and key stakeholders; present results externally at scientific meetings and in high-impact publications.
- Manage direct report(s) to promote professional growth as well as project success.
- A PhD or graduate degree in antibody engineering, immunology, biochemistry or related scientific discipline. Academic postdoctoral experience is welcomed.
- Minimum 10 years of postdoctoral biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience in antibody engineering.
- Proven track record of antibody engineering achievements, in particular significant contributions to the successful identification of antibodies, ADCs or antibody-related molecules as clinical development candidates.
- Experience and broad familiarity with various antibody formats and modalities, such as bispecifics and biparatopics. Proven track record of significant contributions to project teams focused on alternative antibody formats.
- Seasoned understanding of the drivers of clinical developability; experience with developability assays and risk assessments, and sequence optimization to avoid manufacturing liabilities.
- Fluency in patent databases and intellectual property matters relating to mAb discovery.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Ability to exert influence diplomatically and have a positive impact inside and outside of the organization.
- Evidence of successful leadership experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead strategically and make decisions effectively based on available information. Sincerely considers different perspectives and inspires others to do the same.
- Leads by example. Balances leadership strength with self-awareness, confidence and humility. Operates with a high level of emotional intelligence. Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and motivate a highly skilled and talented team of scientists, some of whom may be senior to him/her.
- Demonstrated creativity and effectiveness in addressing strategic challenges.
Executing for Results
- Results-oriented; establishes clear expectations and priorities, drives key initiatives to completion, sets goals, and consistently delivers against the plan. Innate desire and proven ability to have an impact.
- A hands-on leader who monitors progress and proactively addresses issues and obstacles with a flexible and creative approach to problem solving.
- Thrives on a dynamic, fast-paced results-driven, highly accountable environment. Energetic self-starter with a strong sense of urgency. Motivated to execute against ambitious goals and milestones.
Building Relationships and Using Influence
- Works effectively in a team-based organization, collaborates cross-functionally, develops trusted relationships and builds alignment and engagement around key initiatives, priorities and goals.
- Builds relationships by creating a culture of inclusion and engagement, and fosters collaboration and exchange of ideas. Drives for a better outcome by challenging those around him/her productively. Brings good judgment and effective persuasion and influencing skills by bringing to focus a shared vision and goal.
Title and compensation commensurate with experience and level of responsibility. Position is eligible for bonus, option awards and benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) participation, vacation and paid holidays. Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mersana Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: please submit resume to email@example.com and reference “Antibody Engineer” in the subject field.
Job posted: September 28, 2017