The Antibody Society was incorporated in Massachusetts on 22 February 2007, and approved by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization.
Its Articles of Organization summarize objectives of The Antibody Society as the following:
- To provide an international forum for the field of recombinant antibodies, antibody engineering and related areas (“the field”).
- To facilitate the discussion and interchange of ideas regarding issues of fundamental importance for basic research, therapeutic development and clinical testing in the field.
- To publish or otherwise disseminate information on issues and developments in the field.
- To provide guidance, including safety guidelines for basic and applied research, as well as development and commercialization in the field.
- To maintain, improve and/or integrate informatics and computational resources devoted to the field, important for its future development.
- To assist the training and advancement of students, postdoctoral fellows and other new members in the field, in part through sponsorship of international scientific meetings.